February has been a good writing month despite the last week being a bit emotionally rocky. I don’t know if it’s postpartum, or just my normal ups and downs, but I’ve been a bit rough, and that’s okay.
Overall, I am super happy with my progress. I am slowly finding ways to make time to get my butt in the chair and write. Mostly, this is between the hours of 10:30PM-3:30AM. It’s slow going, but I am improving.
Here are a few things I was able to accomplish this past month:
- Wrote and submitted 3 poems
- Received 2 rejections
- Posted on the blog each week
- Attended my online critique group
- Read 1 book
- Wrote a flash fiction piece
And here are my goals for the upcoming month:
- Polish my picture book manuscript
- Read 4 books
- Post every week on the blog
- Submit 3 pieces of work